iOS5 position: fixed scrollTo() bug explained
- Wait for URL bar to disapear
- Don't scroll the page manually
- Tap the footer - click handler is not called
- Tap 60px higher up - the click handler is triggered and the real position of the footer is outlined.
- Scroll manually - now the footer can be clicked again
- Tap the footer - again, click handler is not called
Any programmatic call to window.scrollTo() causes fixed positioned elements to be unusable.
Manual scrolling updates the position of fixed elements to be usable again.
There's a fix!
Learn how it works